Welcome to a "Fin"tastic Year in First Grade!
This website is intended to keep our families connected to each other and to the school. Let's make this year awesome and our class the best that it can be. We can do it!
1st Grade Bell Schedule for 2018-2019
Monday - Friday:
8:25 School Announcements on blacktop
8:30 Morning Work/Meeting in Classroom C-105 (Check in with office if arriving after 8:30)
9:50-10:55 Guided Reading (Library on Thurs. 10:25-10:55)
10:55-11:25 Journals, Writing/Grammar
11:20-12:00 Lunch & Recess
12:00-12:20 Read Aloud
12:20-1:20 Specialty Class (M, TU, TH & F), Math (W)
1:20-1:35 Recess (M, Tu, TH, & F), Dismissal (W) @ 1:30
1:35-2:10 Guided Writing (M, Tu, Th, F)
2:10-3:05 Theme Studies (M, Tu, Th, F)
3:05-3:15 Clean Up, Pack & Song/Chant, Skip Counting Practice, Closing Mtg
3:15 Dismissal (M, TU, TH, & F)
1. First Grade Specialty Class Schedule:
Our first graders have been assigned a specialty class group color as follows: red, orange, yellow and green. Your child will travel with their assigned color group to their specialty class as follows:
RED: Mon. - PE, Tues. - Art, Thurs. - PE, Fri. - Spanish
ORANGE: Mon. - PE, Tues. - Spanish, Thurs. - PE, Fri. - Art
YELLOW: Mon. - Art, Tues. - PE, Thurs. - Spanish, Fri. - PE
GREEN: Mon. - Spanish, Tues. - PE, Thurs. - Art, Fri. - PE
Our speciality teachers are excited to communicate with you throughout the school year. Please click on the speciality teacher's name below to access their email address and on (class website) to access their website link:
- Art: Michele Arzaga – (Class Website)
- Physical Education: Tim Fitzgerald – (Class Website)
- Spanish: Luci Galvan – (Class Website)
2. Click here to visit the Westlake Weekly Parent Podcast.
3. Click here to visit the Westlake Charter School (WCS) website.
4. We learn a great deal in first grade and it is hard for me to help your child catch up when absent; therefore, it is very important your child attends school everyday if possible. In the event your child is absent, I will send home any work we complete for him/her to complete at home and return in one week. However, often we engage in educational songs, chants, dances, games, crafts, hands-on projects, and buddy/group work in class that cannot be sent home for your child to make up when absent.
5. Please feel free to contact me at the following email address with any questions you may have about your child's education: email@example.com